Security issues are the ones that seem to slow down the adoption of mobility in the enterprise: in a recent survey, 94% of the respondents (IT decision makers) were worried about a security breach and 92% choose restricting access to corporate resources as a solution.
Assessing the risks
- Devices being stolen and becoming prone to malicious physical access,
- Devices being attacked remotely,
- Mobile malware coming through user activity,
- Connecting to unprotected Wi-Fi networks,
- Internal misuse of devices or downloading not appropriate data.
- Is the data to be protected in the cloud, in the backend or on the device?
- How sensitive is the data? How big is the damage if it gets breached?
- Is there a BYOD policy and do employees comply with it? Does it includes special rules for (possibly harmful) consumer apps?